The Bell Foundation’s series of free EAL webinars are aimed at developing and embedding expertise amongst senior leaders and EAL staff in school, as well as policy-makers, and academics.
Each webinar session will provide participants with unrivalled access to either academics, who will introduce participants to their research, discuss key findings and recommendations for policy and practice, and answer questions from participants during the session; or to EAL expert practitioners who will discuss their experience of working in this field, provide evidence-informed best practice advice and access to tools and resources, and answer questions during the session.
Each webinar will provide participants with:
- Access to leaders in the field
- Latest research, resources and tools
- A time-saving, one-hour intensive session with Q&A
- Access to video recording of the webinar after the event
- First to hear about future webinars and how to sign up
Upcoming webinar times and topics are as follows:
- 'Developing induction programmes for newly arrived pupils using EAL' will be presented by Kamil Trzebiatowski, The Bell Foundation between 4pm-5pm on Thursday 16 April 2020. This webinar will offer practical guidance and resources for developing and implementing an effective induction programme for newly arrived pupils using EAL. Find out more and book your place.
- Details on the next webinar will be posted here soon. To be notified as soon as we publish a new event please follow our Eventbrite page.
To find out more about, and book your place at, each webinar, please revisit this page three weeks before the webinar.
- ‘English as an Additional Language and educational achievement in England’, hosted by Professor Steve Strand, University of Oxford. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘A Case for EAL Assessment’, hosted by Professor Constant Leung, King's College London, and Katherine Solomon, The Bell Foundation. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘Educational Outcomes of Children with EAL’, hosted by Jo Hutchinson, Director for Social Mobility and Vulnerable Learners, Education Policy Institute. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘Becoming confident in grammar for the classroom’, hosted by Katherine Solomon and Emily Curran, The Bell Foundation. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘EAL and Initial Teacher Training’ hosted by Dr. Yvonne Foley, University of Edinburgh and Dr. Jean Conteh, Leeds University. Watch the webinar recording here.
- 'English as an Additional Language and the new Ofsted Framework', hosted by Mark Sims, HMI national lead for English as an Additional Language. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘An introduction to The Bell Foundation EAL Assessment Framework for Schools Version 2.0 and Tracker Tool’, hosted by Katherine Solomon and Emily Curran, The Bell Foundation. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘Great Ideas for Learners using EAL: Substitution Tables’, hosted by Emily Curran and Kamil Trzebiatowski, The Bell Foundation. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘Newly arrived pupils who are New to English’ presented by Kamil Trzebiatowski and Catherine Brennan, The Bell Foundation. Watch the webinar recording here.
- ‘How long does it take to acquire Proficiency in English?’ presented by Professor Steve Strand, University of Oxford. Watch the webinar recording here.
To keep up to date with developments in our EAL Programme, and to receive notifications of new webinars, please complete the Contact Us form.