This one-day course is for teacher educators who are seeking inspiring ways to facilitate effective, long-lasting and transferable teacher learning. This evidence-informed, practical course will enable practitioners to confidently plan and effectively teach trainees and teachers on Initial Teacher Education (ITE) or Continuing Professional Development (CPD) programmes.
This course is suitable for:
- Qualified teachers with substantial experience in EAL
- EAL co-ordinators and specialists who currently deliver EAL sessions in ITE and CPD settings
Recommendation rate (2018 participants): 100%
All Bell Foundation courses are informed by the latest research on EAL, Initial Teacher Education and Continuing Professional Development. The courses also draw on the latest developments in pedagogy and the education sector and are designed to develop the skills, knowledge and confidence of school staff so they can provide more effective support for EAL learners.
The proposed changes to the Education Inspection Framework from Ofsted, which could be implemented from September 2019, do not mention EAL pupils as a distinct group. Does this mean they are no longer a priority, or that their learning needs can be met without consideration of the specific support that they require? Absolutely not.
The Bell Foundation’s Summer School courses will explore what schools and teachers should focus on regarding teaching and learning in diverse multilingual classrooms to ensure they continue to meet the teaching and learning needs of learners who use English as an Additional Language.
A new pricing structure (which includes training, course materials, lunch and light refreshments) has been introduced this year:
- Super-early bird price, £135 (figure includes a 25% discount and VAT), available until 30 April 2019
- Early bird price, £157.50 (figure includes a 12.5% discount and VAT), available until 30 June 2019
- Full price, £180 (including VAT), available until the date of the course