“Teaching ESOL in the Secure Estate” is a one day CPD-event organised by The Bell Foundation and is aimed at Tutors teaching ESOL or working with learners who speak English as another language. Building on events organised by The Learning & Work Institute in 2017 and 2018 the day will provide opportunities to share practice and learn from experts sharing good practice and information specifically relevant to the prison and secure custodial environment.
The day will focus on topics including:
- Visible learning
- Available resources
- Reading for pleasure
- Policy updates
- Trauma-informed ESOL teaching
- Trafficking and slavery awareness in prison
The course is suitable for:
- ESOL Tutors teaching in a custodial environment
- ESOL volunteers assisting in prisons
- Education/vocational tutors working with learners who speak English as another language
- Heads of learning/skills in a prison
Price: this event is free of charge.
If you have any questions regarding this course please contact The Bell Foundation, email@example.com and include ‘ESOL event’ in the subject line and the name of the course in the body of the email.
Full joining instructions will be sent to participants one month prior to the course.