This webinar will offer practical guidance and resources for developing and implementing an effective induction programme for newly arrived pupils using EAL. It will focus on the first six to twelve weeks after a newly arrived pupil has joined the school and be relevant for both primary and secondary settings. A particular focus will be on inductions that promote rapid progress for all EAL pupils and ensure early access to a broad and balanced curriculum in which language development is a key component.
Who should register for the webinar:
Staff working in schools with high mobility figures and ‘rolling’ admissions, particularly:
- EAL co-ordinators
- Teaching assistants
- Local Authority education teams
Why you should register for this webinar:
- Ability to pose questions regarding meeting the needs of all pupils who use EAL especially newly arrived pupils who are New to English
- Access to practical and relevant tips, guidance and resources
- Time-saving, one-hour intensive session with Q&A
- Access to session recording
- First to hear about future webinars and how to sign up
Kamil Trzebiatowski joined The Bell Foundation in September 2018 and holds the post of Digital Resource Developer. Prior to joining the Foundation, Kamil spent 18 years teaching English as a Foreign Language and English as an Additional Language (Poland, England and Scotland) in mainstream secondary classrooms. He was an EAL co-ordinator at a secondary school as well as an EAL consultant/trainer (2014-2018). Kamil holds an MA in Corpus Linguistics and an MEd in Inclusive Education.