Research is an integral part of the Foundation’s work in criminal justice, it guides the direction of the Foundation’s work and resources and it builds the evidence base for policy and practice recommendations and system change.
Please select a title to read more:
- The Bell Foundation, Learning and Work Institute and De Montfort University have published a report ‘Improving Language, Improving Lives: Supporting ESOL in the Secure Estate’.View
- As part of the “Improving Language, Improving Lives” project in partnership with the Learning & Work Institute, The Bell Foundation has published an ESOL Tutor Resource…View
- Following the Secretary of State’s recent announcement on the Coates Review of prison education, The Bell Foundation has submitted this response. The response concentrates principally, but…View
- Dr Liz Hales, Visiting Scholar at the Institute of Criminology, University of Cambridge has undertaken this short research project on the language barrier to rehabilitation on…View
- ‘A Prison within a Prison’ is a short literature review by Dr Catherine Carroll, Dr Jane Hurry and Anita Wilson at the Centre for Education in…View