“The programme had a real impact on staff and improved the overall quality of our training provision, which really has been taken to the next level. In the latest observation, conducted jointly with our partner university, the EAL training session was judged to be outstanding.”
Initial Teacher Training Manager
The Bell Foundation is working in partnership to develop sustainable EAL provision in schools through a network of regional Centres of Expertise.
Centres are based in areas of high need, usually where there are significant numbers of EAL learners and limited access to existing EAL training and support.
Centres are accredited by The Bell Foundation to offer Language for Results in their regions. Each Centre has a team of practitioners who are licensed to teach school staff using high quality training materials and to offer support and guidance in local schools.
Schools participating in Language for Results can expect the following outcomes:
- Sustainable EAL provision embedded as part of a whole school, integrated approach to supporting EAL learners and school staff
- More confident and skilled staff equipped to support children with EAL
- To become local experts and support other schools
- To become better connected to local diverse communities
For more information on Centres of Expertise and what they offer please download this leaflet.
Centres of Expertise are currently located in:
- Luton: Luton First Teaching School Alliance and Luton Borough Council
- Leeds/Manchester: Co-op Academies Trust
- Boston: Connect Teaching School Alliance
If you are interested in participating in Language for Results, please:
- Read the ‘Language for Results Leaflet‘ and contact your local Centre of Expertise via their website to find out about their local offer
- Visit our webinar or Summer School pages to find out about our training courses
If you are interested in becoming a Centre of Expertise please visit our Partner with Us page.